Limited Product Warranty
SoundWorks, Inc. warrants that its OontZ speakers are sold with the intent that they are free of defects in material and workmanship that would result in product failure under normal consumer conditions for the duration of the OontZ speakers limited product warranty.
Who is covered:
The limited product warranty extends only to the original OontZ product purchaser or the person receiving the OontZ as a gift from the original product purchaser, and does not extend to any other person or transferee. To qualify for the warranty, the consumer must provide proof of purchase in the form of the original order number. Individuals who hold the product as a gift are covered by the limited product warranty only if the gift was from the original product purchaser and an original order number can be produced.
Who is not covered:
Those who have either purchased or received an OontZ product that was sold as new or refurbished from an unauthorized retailer including but not limited to websites such as Ebay.com, actions sites or sales by surplus or bulk resellers are not covered by the limited product warranty. For more information regarding the limitations on our warranty, please refer to the section “What is not covered” down below.
What we will do:
SoundWorks, Inc. holds the sole and exclusive responsibility to either repair or replace the defective product during the 90-day warranty period. If at its sole option SoundWorks decides to replace a product, the replacement product will be a fully refurbished unit. If your product cannot be replaced with a product of the same model type, SoundWorks, Inc. may give you a replacement product of similar or greater value. SoundWorks, Inc. also reserves the right at its sole option to issue a refund on any defective product.
What is not covered:
This warranty is limited and not applicable to damages, defects, malfunction or failure to meet performance specifications resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear
- Misuse of product, neglect, abuse, improper handling or accident
- Product service, testing, adjustment, installment, maintenance, and alteration including software changes or hardware changes made by someone other than SoundWorks, Inc.
- Non-compliance with instructions given by SoundWorks, Inc. including, but not limited to, improper use of an electric source or other operator error
- Damage or loss during shipment or transit
- External causes such as floods, storms, fires, earthquakes, sunlight exposure, acts of God, weather, moisture, sand, dirt, electrical surges, battery leakage, vibration, corrosive environments or damage caused by the connection to other products
This warranty also does not cover:
- OontZ speakers that are purchased outside of the U.S.A. , its possessions or territories
- OontZ speakers that are outside the U.S.A.
- Lost OontZ speakers or OontZ speakers that have been lost as a result of theft
- Accessories that include but are not limited to batteries, cables, detachable power adapters and grilles.
- Material or workmanship defects that occur after the 90-day warranty has concluded.
Duration of warranty:
All OontZ speakers carry a 90-day limited product warranty, which is initiated on the date of the purchase.
How to get service:
- You must have an original order number showing proof of purchase; this requirement extends to those that receive the OontZ speaker as a gift from the original product purchaser.
- To obtain warranty service on your OontZ product, please notify customer support at http://www.theoontz.com/support to request assistance. If we agree service is required, we will provide you with a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Please do not return your unit prior to obtaining a RMA number. Any product returned to SoundWorks, Inc. without an RMA or proof of purchase will be returned to consumer at the consumer's cost.
- You are responsible for the shipping charges to SoundWorks, Inc. For repairs and replacements covered by this warranty, SoundWorks, Inc. will pay the return shipping charges to any destination in the U.S.A. as well as all labor and material expenses for items covered by the limited warranty.
SoundWorks, Inc. warrants that the repaired or replaced parts will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the remainder of the warranty period. Warranty replacements for custom logo OontZ speakers will not have the same logo decoration.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO OONTZ SPEAKERS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. SOUNDWORKS, INC. SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. SOUNDWORKS, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGE TO OTHER PRODUCTS CAUSED BY ANY DEFECTS IN AN OONTZ PRODUCT, DAMAGES UPON INCONVENIENCE OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LENGTH OF THIS WARRANTY.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.