Pairing your OontZ speaker to the Amazon Echo Dot
Amazon's Echo Dot provides hands-free voice control for playing Amazon Music on your OontZ speaker — just ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Listen to any song with Amazon Music Unlimited. Echo Dot also provides hands-free voice control to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn for playing on your OontZ speaker.
Before you begin:
- Set your Echo Dot and OontZ speaker at least three feet apart. When Echo Dot is close to external speakers, it may be more difficult for Alexa to hear the wake word and other requests.
- Turn your OontZ speaker on and turn the volume up.
- Disconnect any other Bluetooth devices from Echo Dot. Echo Dot can only connect to one Bluetooth device at a given time.
To connect Echo Dot to your OontZ speaker:
- Put your OontZ speaker into pairing mode
(Select your OontZ for pairing instructions: OontZ Angle 3 | OontZ Angle 3XL)
Echo Dot requires the Alexa app for pairing to your OontZ speaker the first time. Open the Alexa app and select Settings.
- Select your Echo Dot device, and then select Bluetooth > Pair a New Device.
- Your Echo Dot enters pairing mode. When Echo Dot discovers your OontZ speaker, the speaker appears in the list of available speakers in the Alexa app.
- Select your OontZ speaker. Echo Dot connects to the speaker and Alexa then tells you if the connection is successful.
- In the Alexa app select Continue. Your OontZ speaker is now paired with your Echo Dot.
- If you need assistance with your Alexa app, contact Amazon's support through the app. Open the Alexa app and select Help & Feedback > Email Customer Service
- To control audio volume when connected to an OontZ speaker, use your Echo Dot (by voice or the volume buttons on top) and the volume controls on your OontZ speaker.
- To connect to a previously paired device, say 'Connect.' Echo Dot connects to the device that was last connected.
- To manage your Bluetooth devices, go to Settings > (Device Name) > Bluetooth
If you're having trouble trying to connect your Echo Dot to your OontZ speaker:
- Make sure to unpair other devices from the speaker.
- Check that the battery for your OontZ speaker has a sufficient charge, plug your speaker into a charging source.
- Check for interference. Move your OontZ speaker and Echo Dot away from sources of interference, such as microwave ovens, baby monitors, and other wireless devices.
- In the Alexa app, forget the Bluetooth speaker. Go to Settings > (Your Echo Dot Device Name) > Bluetooth in the app, and then select your Bluetooth speaker. Select Forget Device to unpair the speaker from Echo Dot.
- Try to reconnect the OontZ speaker to Echo Dot. Set the speaker to pairing mode, and then say, "Pair."
Poor quality or skipping audio:
- Make sure you have an adequate WiFi signal to your Echo Dot.