OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition Manual
Check out the OontZ Angle 3
More Bass • More Volume • Water Resistant
Table of Contents:
- In the Box
- The Buttons and connectors
- The OontZ Bass Pad
- Charging the battery
- Pairing the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition to your Bluetooth device
- Pairing the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition to your Bluetooth enabled: Laptop or Apple computer
- Wireless hands free personal speaker phone
- Connecting to your non-Bluetooth (AUX-IN) devices
Safety and precautions
The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition allows you to listen to music, videos and games wirelessly from your Bluetooth device in high quality with deep rich bass and surprising volume. The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition works wirelessly with almost all Smartphones, tablets and other Bluetooth enabled devices. The rechargeable battery will provide up to 15 hours* continuous listening, from a fully charged battery. The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is designed to be splash-proof and dust resistant and it is certified to the IPX5 standard** for waterproofing, making the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition the perfect speaker for taking to the beach and listening by the pool. With the built-in microphone you can use your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition as a wireless hands free personal speaker phone when connected by Bluetooth to most Smartphones. You can also listen to PCs, laptops, Apple computers and non-Bluetooth devices by connecting them to the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition with the included 3.5mm Audio cable. The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition can support a wireless Bluetooth connection, up to 30 unobstructed feet away from your device.
*Battery play time varies and may be less than 15 hours for a number of reasons including the listening volume (the louder the volume, the shorter the play time), the device, Bluetooth connection, and music genre and music source. The 15 hours was determined with a fully charged OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition set at approximately 50 percent of the maximum volume.
** The IPX5 certification test consists of low pressure Water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) from all directions, without resulting in a harmful effect to the speaker. It is not submersible and should never be placed in or under water, this could result in irreparable damage to the speaker.
2) In the Box
The following is included in the OontZ Angle box:
|1 - OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition Speaker||1 - Micro USB cable
(for charging only not for data)
|1 - 3.5mm Audio cable||
1 - OontZ Bass Pad
Not inluded in Value White Box Edition
3) The Buttons and connectors
Both 1. The AUX-In Jack and 2. The Micro USB Charging port are located under the rubber flap on the right side of the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition. Open the flap from the top, by gently down on the flap and pulling gently to open. The bottom of the flap is attached to the speaker. The flap is tightly fitted to the speaker to help prevent water or dust getting into the connectors.
1. AUX-In Jack – This jack if for listening to non-Bluetooth devices or your laptop or computer by inserting one end of the included 3.5mm audio cable into the jack and the other end of the cable into the headphone jack on your laptop, computer or device.
2. Micro USB Charging Port – This port is for used for charging the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition battery only. You can use the included Micro USB cable connected to a laptop or PC; or you can use an iPhone/Smartphone or tablet USB wall Power Adapter (not included) to charge your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition
3. Microphone - This is the microphone that is used for the hands-free speaker phone feature.
4. Charging indicator light – This light will flash very slowly red when the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is being charged. The light will be solid red when the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is fully charged. When the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is playing and the battery charge is low the light will begin to flash red, and you should charge your speaker.
5. The on/off button – Press and Release the button to turn on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition; Press and Hold down the button for three to five seconds to turn off the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition, until the light/s on top off the speaker turn off.
6. Bluetooth Indicator light - When you turn on your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition this light will flash blue slowly for about five seconds. It will then either flash blue quickly to indicate the speaker is in pairing more or it will be solid blue to indicate the speaker has already connected to a device and is ready to play
7. Bluetooth (and phone) Button - This is dual function button: It is for putting your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition into pairing mode for switching to a different Bluetooth device; and it use to answering and end a phone call.
To put the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition into pairing mode to switch to a different device, Press and Hold the button down for about 3 to 5 seconds until the blue light flashes on and off, the speaker is then ready to pair to the next Bluetooth device.
To answer an incoming phone call Press and Release the Bluetooth button. To end a phone call Press and Release the Bluetooth button.
8. Play/Pause Button – Press and Release the button to Pause your music; Press and Release the button to resume playing your music Note: This feature works when connected in Bluetooth wireless mode. It does not function when using the AUX-IN cable.
9. Volume Down Button – To lower the volume you can either, Press and Hold the button down until the volume reaches the desired level or to reduce the volume more quickly, you can Press and Release the button multiple times. When the volume reaches the lowest level the red light on top of the speaker will flash once.
10. Volume UP Button - To increase the volume you can either, Press and Hold the button down until the volume reaches the desired level or to increase the volume more quickly, you can Press and Release the button multiple times. When the volume reaches the highest level the red light on top of the speaker will flash once.
4) The OontZ Bass Pad
When bass heavy music is being played, The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition may move around on some surfaces. By placing the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition on the Bass Pad, it will help keep the speaker in place. (Bass Pad Not inluded in Value White Box Edition)
5) Charging the battery
The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition has a Lithium Ion rechargeable battery inside. To charge it, plug the micro connector end of the USB cable into the Micro “USB” charging port on the side of the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition and the other end into a USB charging source. The source can be either from your desktop, laptop, or Smartphone USB wall Power Adapter (not included). The Charging Indicator Lighton the top will flash red very slowly while charging. When the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition battery is fully charged, the charging indicator light will be solid red. The battery will take about 3 to 4 hours to fully charge.
Note 1. When the battery is low the red light will begin to flash, this indicates that the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition requires charging.
Note 2. You may use your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition while it is charging.
Note 3. It is recommended that you remove the charging cable after the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is fully charged.
** When fully charged, the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition can play audio for up to 15 hours. This play time may vary for a number of reasons including; the volume (louder volume results in shorter playtime), device, connection (aux or Bluetooth), and music type.
6) Pairing the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition to your Bluetooth device
It is quick and easy to pair and wirelessly connect to your Bluetooth device by following these steps:
Step 1 – Make sure your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition has sufficient charge or connect to a charging source. Press and Release theON/OFF button to turn the speaker on.
Step 2 – Put the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition into pairing mode by Pressing and Holding down the Bluetooth button for 3 to 5 seconds, until the Pairing Indicator light on the top of the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is flashing blue. The blue flashing light indicates the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is in pairing mode.
Step 3 – Enable the Bluetooth function on your device and then search/scan for the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition. When the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition appears on the list select it and your device will pair. Make sure it says “connected” next to the “OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition” on your device. Very few devices will request a password, if your device does enter “0000” (four zeros).
Step 4 – The Pairing Indicator light will switch to solid blue when the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is paired and connected.
Step 5 – You can now wirelessly play your music and audio from videos, games and movies. You can use your device to control the audio and you can use the “VOL+” Button and the “VOL-” Button on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition to control the volume.
Note 1. The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition can only be connected to one device at a time. You will need to disconnect the first device from the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition before trying to pair to another device: Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 3 to 5 seconds for the speaker to enter pairing mode, it will disconnect from the current device when entering pairing mode. The blue light will flash indicating the device is disconnected and the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is in pairing mode. You can then pair and connect to the next device.
Note 2. The OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition will automatically try to pair to the last connected device each time the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is turned on and that device is or comes within range. If the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition successfully connects to the last device it will prevent any other device from pairing to it, until that current device is disconnected.
For further assistance on specific devices:
Connect your OontZ Speaker with the iPhone 6 Plus
Connect your OontZ Speaker with the iPhone 6
Connect your OontZ Speaker with the iPhone with iOS7, including: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s
7) Pairing the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition to your Bluetooth enabled: Laptop or Apple computer
8) Wireless hands free personal speaker phone
When the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition is connected to your Smartphone via Bluetooth you will have the Wireless hands-free speaker phone feature enabled.
(Your smartphone must have Hands Free Profile for this feature)
Answering an incoming call: To answer a call on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition, Press and Release the Bluetooth button once.
Rejecting a call: To reject a call Press and Hold the Bluetooth button for about 3 seconds.
Switching from the hands free speaker phone to your smartphone: this has to be done on the phone itself.
Ending a call: To end a call Press and Release the Bluetooth button again.
Note: 1. An incoming call will be heard on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition and your voice will be picked up by the inbuilt microphone. Please keep the speaker close in front of you so you may be heard clearly by the listener.
2. The Personal Speakerphone feature is enabled in Bluetooth mode only, this feature does not function when using an AUX IN connection to your phone.
3. For some smartphones the call/phone Bluetooth audio needs to be enabled as well as media audio to use the speaker phone feature.
9) Connecting to your non-Bluetooth (AUX-IN) devices
For your device, laptop, tablet or PC that does not have Bluetooth or cannot support Bluetooth audio, you can play audio by connecting the included 3.5mm audio cable in from your device to the “AUX IN” Jack located on the side of the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition.
Step 1 – Turn on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition. Make sure your OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition has sufficient charge or is connected to a charging source.
Step 2 – Plug one end of the 3.5mm audio cable into the “AUX IN” Jack on the side of the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition and plug the other end into the headphone/audio out jack on your audio source. You can now play your music and audio on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you are using the AUX IN mode on the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition, the audio through the aux cable will take over Bluetooth and a Bluetooth device will not be able to play audio. You will need to remove the 3.5mm audio cable from the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition to play audio from a Bluetooth device.
OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition will not turn on
Cannot pair the OontZ Angle 2 PLUS Edition
OontZ Angle PLUS appears on my device,
Paired Bluetooth device will not connect
No audio from a Bluetooth device
Cannot answer calls
Poor sound quality from a
No Audio from AUX source
Poor sound quality from AUX source
Music does not resume after hanging up a call
Windows laptop is asking for drivers
If a message like this or similar is displayed, you need to download the drivers
OontZ Angle PLUS switches off
11) Safety & Precautions
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
a. CAUTION: Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
b. A warning that batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
c. Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
1. Read these instructions – All the safety and operating instructions should be read before this product is operated.
2. Keep these instructions – The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference.
3. Heed all warnings – All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
4. Follow all instructions – All operating and use instructions should be followed.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water – The appliance should not be used near water or moisture – for example, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool, and the like.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacture’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at the plugs, convenience receptacles, and at the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart or rack is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug the apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- This lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of non-insulated “dangerous voltage” within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.
- The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance instructions in the literature